The Women Develpoment Cell at Government
College For Girls, Gurugram, was established to empower and orient women to
identify their true potential and assist them in achieving their unique
position in a competitive world. Its mission is to help women grow in all
aspects of their lives. It also promotes awareness about significant issues
affecting women and provides a place for debate and discussion on various topics
ranging from empowerment to the environment.
To empower women in all aspects of life, allowing them to act as agents of
social and economic change while instilling ethical principles for improving
self, family, and society.
To prepare women to acquire a diverse set of skills and knowledge, as well as
to develop and expand their social, economic, and intellectual capacities in
the interests of world peace, security, and prosperity.
1. Make students aware of severe gender issues.
2. Raise awareness of important social
issues to provide students with a comprehensive education.
3. To educate women about their legal
4. Invite famous experts from many
professions to provide guest lectures.
5 . To organize events and workshops for
personality development and women empowerment.
6. Encourage female students to be
self-sufficient and financially self-sufficient.
WOMEN CELL ACTIVITIES 2021-22
- On 11th August 2021, Teej celebration was organized by women cell GCG-Sec-14. On this occasion of Mehndi competition was organized and 40 girls participated in this competition. 1st , 2nd and 3rd prizes were also distributed.
- One day yoga session was organized under women cell on 10th September, 2021 to celebrate "Rashtriya Poshan Maah”. It was organized in collaboration with Home Science department.
- Extension lecture on 'Women empowerment ‘was organized under women cell on 29th November, 2021. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Lajvanti, Assist. prof. D.A.V. girl’s college Kosli.
- Women cell had organized an informative talk session on the topic" Women Rights in 21st century" by Dr. Dakshita Sangwan, renowned advocate ( Supreme court of India) on 30th November, 2021.
- "Yoga Workshop" for 15 days was organized in the college campus from 12th Nov. – 4th Dec 2021 (except Sundays and gazetted holidays) for girl students. Ms. Ritu Srivastava, trained Yoga teacher was invited to conduct yoga workshop.
- Women cell had organized" Self-defense training / workshop" for 15 days in the college campus for girl students (15th Nov to 7th Dec 21) except Sundays and gazetted holidays. This workshop was conducted by self-defense teacher Mr. Wasim Raja.
- Art and Craft workshop was organized by Women Cell in college campus for girl students from 27th Nov -14th Dec, 2021 for 15 days (except Sundays and gazetted holiday). It was conducted by Ms. Ashmita Banerjee, trained Art and Craft teacher. It was conducted in Home management lab in Home Science department.
- “Stitching and painting techniques on fabric” workshop for 7 days was organized under women cell from 7th Dec.-14th Dec., 2021 (except Sundays). The stitching of various garments, block printing, stencil printing, screen printing and fabric printing etc. were demonstrated in the workshop. The workshop was conducted by Ms. Priti Dhankhar, Asstt. prof. D.A.V. girls college, Kosli.
- Snacks and Desserts" workshop was organized under women cell in college campus for 7 days from 15th Dec -22nd Dec, 2021 (except Sundays). It was conducted by Ms. Gunjan Saluja, faculty at Khazani women Polytechnic, Gurugram.
- Extension lecture was organized on "Enhancing psychological Capital in girl students” by Dr. Shalini Singh, prof. Psychology and Defense studies department, MDU Rohtak on 28th Dec, 2021.
- “Basic Beautification skills of hair and skin care" was organized for 20 days in college campus from 7th Dec. – 30th Dec. 2021 (except Sundays and gazetted holidays). It was conducted by Ms. Meenakshi Kumari, faculty at Lal Bahadur Shashtri training institute, Gurugram.
- "Food preservation" workshop for 7 days was organized under women cell from 22nd Dec to 30th Dec, 2021 (except Sundays and gazetted holidays). It was conducted by Mrs. Meera Devi, renowned food preservation expert.
WOMEN CELL ACTIVITIES 2020-21
- Lecture on “Women personal health and hygiene “by Dr Shilpa Khanna on 4/01/2021.
- “Yoga workshop” from 06/01/2021 to 13/01/2021 (except Sundays) - seven days in college campus by renowned yoga trainer Ms. Alka Dhawan.
- Extension lecture on stress and anxiety management on 11/01/2021, by Dr Brahm Deep Sindhu, Civil surgeon, Palwal.
- A baking workshop from 15/01/2021 was conducted by Dr Bindiya Sharma, Senior Food Technologist.
- One week self defense training workshop was conducted by Karate trainer Mr. Wasim from 18/01/2021 to 27/01/2021.
- An informative talk on the role of diet and lifestyle modification in disease reversal: PCOD by Ms. Leon Sra, renowned nutritionist on 23/01/2021.
- Art and craft workshop was organized in the college campus from 28/01/2021.
- An informative talk on “ Property rights of women “ on 1/2/2021 was organized by Dr Vageshwari Deswal , Associate Prof, FOL, DU.
- Lecture on “HIV AIDS AWARENESS” on 03/02/2021 by Dr Sikha Garg, Senior ICTC Councellor, Civil Hospital , Gurgaon.
WOMEN CELL ACTIVITIES 2019-20
- Women Cell conducted a lecture on Women Empowerment in September 2019 by Mrs. Sonika Khurana - Life Coach.
- In October, Poshan Maah was celebrated and Mrs. Sikandera Devi, Assistant Professor, Home Science Department delivered a lecture on ‘Health and Nutrition’.
- Later, another lecture was conducted in October by Dr Renu Yadav where she talked about the issue of female hygiene.
- A basic health medical check-up was organized in association with Aarvi Hospital which benefitted around 200 girls.
- A Two-Day free eye check-up camp was organised in association with Dyal Eye and Maternity Hospital in October. In addition to this, another activity was organised in the same month wherein the girls were guided to put up Mehandi Stalls on the eve of Karvachauth.
- In January 2020, a 3-day workshop on ‘Mental Health Issues’ was organised for day scholars and hostel girls by the counsellors from Fortis Hospital, Gurugram.
- Another Two Days basic medical health check-up camp was organised for day scholars and hostel girls in association with Jankateshwara Hospital, Delhi in which 400 girls got their free health check-up done in February.
- A lecture on ‘Career in Army’ was delivered by Colonel Sandeep Ahlawat to motivate the girls to join the army.
- One week workshop on ‘Developing Life Skills’ was organised in association with Sri Satya Sai organization. The girls were taken to the Red – Cross Society School for deaf and Dumb, Gurugram for instilling the value of Social Service in them. Around 75 girls interacted with the special kids and learnt a lot from their experiences. Apart form the lectures and workshop, women cell organised competitions like pot decoration etc. for honing the artistic skills of the girls.
|Sr.No||File Name||Uploaded Date||Download
Women Cell Activities 2021 22